History

EPD designs, manufactures, tests and provides aftermarket support for critical function, high performance pumping equipment to the U.S. Navy.

EPD, through its legacy companies, has been supplying pumps to the United States Navy since 1847 with its first installation on the USS Powhatan. The Navy’s most historic ships have performed their missions by relying on the quality and dependability of pumps supplied by EPD legacy companies. Since that time, EPD has provided a variety of pumping solutions for the Navy’s surface combatants, submarines and auxiliary vessels.

As a member of the Curtiss-Wright family, EPD consists of the marine business units that offered products and aftermarket services under the following brand names:

  • Worthington CAGE Code 93232
  • Dresser Pump Division CAGE Code 93232
  • Ingersoll Dresser Pump CAGE Codes 88032 and 0UBG9
  • Flowserve GMBU CAGE Codes 88032 and 0UBG9
  • Byron Jackson CAGE Codes 89626 and 10171

Exact replica of USS Monitor steam driven, reciprocating pump, 1862
Vertical, steam driven, reciprocating boiler feed pump, USS North Carolina, 1908
Horizontal, steam turbine driven, highspeed, boiler feed pump, USS Missouri, 1944
Modern, vertical single and multi-stage centrifugal pumps for submarine applications.
Modern, motor driven centrifugal pumps for aircraft carriers

EPD pumping technology has led the way from the earliest steam driven, reciprocating pumps to state-of-the-art pumps used for current and new ship classes.

To request for more information click here.